dev@jsr311.java.net

Headers & Filters

From: Stefan Tilkov <stefan.tilkov_at_innoq.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:50:30 +0200

I saw that the current proposal includes a way to get at HTTP headers
by binding them to method parameters. While this is fine, I wonder
what the thoughts are on generic header access?

I think that being able to get and set HTTP headers must be possible,
even for simple use cases. But if this is possible, should there be a
way to have requests go through a chain of filters that do something
based on the headers? Filters registered based on URI templates, for
instance?

I expect one obvious answer will be that this is a low-level feature,
but I wonder if that's really true ...

Stefan
--
Stefan Tilkov, http://www.innoq.com/blog/st/
P.S.: Jérome suggested in a reply in another thread that it might be