dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: Mapping POJOs

From: Stefan Tilkov <stefan.tilkov_at_innoq.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:51:04 +0200

*Sigh*

I hope we don't start having a purely philosophical discussion ...
that was not at all my intent.

I believe that
(1) we should focus on HTTP only, not any other theoretically
possible but practically irrelevant REST implementation
(2) we should follow HTTP's explicit and implicit constraints and
architectural decisions as closely as possible
(3) we should make it extremely easy and convenient to build
applications that use HTTP *correctly* - i.e. API users following the
path of least resistance should end up with a Web application that is
"RESTful", possibly without knowing or caring
(4) there should be nothing I can do with HTTP that I can't do with
Java and the JSR 311 API

Also, +1 on Jan's suggestion to incorporate the notion of container
resources, although I have some sympathy if someone questions whether
this is implied strongly enough in the HTTP spec.

Stefan

P.S.: Good to see you here, Jan ;-)

--
Stefan Tilkov, http://www.innoq.com/blog/st/