dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: Welcome to JSR 311

From: Ryan Heaton <ryan_at_webcohesion.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:49:58 -0600

I would be surprised if there was anybody that is part of this EG that
is under the illusion that we are trying to create anything more than
"a new form of application deployment mechanism." Nobody is trying to
limit whatever REST may be.

Personally, I don't feel that by putting these classes and interfaces
in a package called "rest" is implying that they encapsulate the whole
REST architectural style, nor do I feel it would imply Sun's ownership
of the style.

I'd just like to see a sensible answer to the question "in what
package are these classes located?" It makes more sense to use the
name "rest" in for this, since that's the name of the architectural
style we refer to in all our discussions and design. Why is "rs" any
better? Isn't it short for "rest" anyway?

-Ryan