users@jsonb-spec.java.net

[jsonb-spec users] [jsr367-experts] Re: [17-Customizing names]

From: Romain MB <rmannibucau_at_tomitribe.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:56:29 +0200

> Hi,
>
> ad 1) interface for PropertyNamingPolicy?
>
> I was experimenting with the idea of interface, but there is an open
> question how to design API to provide support also for the reverse mapping.
>
> For example, if I have case insensitive mapping, I need to know how to map
> from JSON key to field name (in efficient way). I have removed such an
> interface to see if there is a need for such customization (obviously there
> is :)).
>
> The alternative is to provide mechanism analogical to JAXBAdapter mechanism
> (or general mapper for given type).

think we can do better than something called each time here. Why not
just a Mapper? String map(Accessor)?

> ad 2)
>
> The difference between JsonbNillable and JsonbProperty is also in scope. It
> makes sense to make JsonbNillable property to be available for Type/Package
> target.

Makes sense but i would still add it in property and keep @Nillable
for type and packages only.

> ad 3)
>
> Maybe it makes sense to make it more general. What about JSON Pointer?

can make sense but should stay simple/fluent cause it is super common
(github/confluence/...). If you have some pseudo code we can discuss
around I would be more than happy to dig into it.