users@jsonb-spec.java.net

[jsonb-spec users] [jsr367-experts] Re: Re: Re: [33-I-JSON Compatibility] Proposal

From: Martin Grebac <martin.grebac_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:38:41 +0200

On 24.04.15 20:54, Martin Vojtek wrote:
> I think that the result of the discussion is as follows:
>
> 1. support of string values for big numbers by default
> 2. support the override of properties by default
> 3. fail fast when non-unique property (after override and rename) is found
> 4. define default algorithm for override (based on java mechanism) and
> check uniqueness of properties (not affecting performance)
> 5. Do not enable I-JSON by default due to the following recommendations
> - support only root objects/arrays by default
> - serialize binary data to base64 by default
To me, none of the 2 reasons above seem strong enough to not support
I-JSON by default. Binary data is a specific usecase which is most often
going to be configured based on specific needs, and root objects are
limitation of current version of JSON-P as well (and I assume of some
other parsers, too, otherwise the requirement would not be in I-JSON),
so clients using JSON-P would have hard time parsing the default JSON
Binding output.
  MartiNG