dev@jsf-extensions.java.net

Glassfish Awards Program

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:25:10 -0700

The GlassFish Awards Program (GAP) is intended to encourage and reward
innovation in the GlassFish Community. The program's rules [1] are
quite loose and many types of projects will qualify. There are US$ 175K
available, for both projects and bug submissions; check Previous Posts [2]
for additional commentary.

Some notes on the program:
Drawing of Money Bag

* Submissions are to be sent to Gap-Submissions at GF (Archive [3],
  gap-submissions_at_glassfish.dev.java.net).

* All projects in the GlassFish community at-large are eligible.

* Applicants are individuals, we don't care where they work [4].

* Whether you need to sign the SCA [5] depends on the requirements of your
  project.

* Docs, Portals, Workshops, etc, are all eligible. If in doubt, Ask Us.
  gap-submissions_at_glassfish.dev.java.net

* Don't wait until the last minute; Submit it Now! [6]

* A good approach is to submit now what you have, then Send an Update!

We have up to 20 prizes for projects and many more for bug submissions
but we have received very few submissions so far. I suspect many are
waiting for the deadline, but we would much rather you submit now first
and then resubmit. Don't leave money on the table!

Note! We had a configuration problem with the submission alias and it is
possible that some submissions may not have been recorded properly. If
you submitted, please check the alias archive, and resubmit if
necessary.

Ed

[1] http://glassfish.org/GAP

[2] http://blogs.sun.com/theaquarium/tags/gap

[3] https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/SummarizeList?listName=gap-submissions

[4] http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2008/02/contribute_to_h.html#comments

[5] http://www.sun.com/software/opensource/contributor_agreement.jsp

[6] gap-submissions_at_glassfish.dev.java.net