dev@jsf-extensions.java.net

Re: [JSF-EXT] AjaxZones broken?

From: Jacob Hookom <jacob_at_hookom.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 02:23:58 -0600

The issue can be bypassed a bit by telling the RI's ResponseWriter to
not use XHTML by passing 'text/html' to the RenderKit's constructor
within your ViewHandler. This will prevent the RI from forcing CDATA
blocks around the script it generates for commandLinks/etc.

Although you are supposed to be able to 'escape' CDATA with ']]]]>' for
inner tails, it doesn't seem to be handled in the browsers. More info
on the problem here:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jhook/archive/2006/12/ajax_responses.html