dev@jsf-extensions.java.net

From: Ed Burns <ed.burns_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:45:11 -0700

Hello JSF extenders,

I have implemented the last feature for the 0.1 release of DynaFaces:
the ability to queue and subsequently dispatch over Ajax one or more
FacesEvent instances.

Jacob and Adam had a useful but not as JSFish way to invoke a
MethodExpression on a component in the view (or its Renderer) and this
stood in for an event feature until I got around to implementing it more
correctly. I have renamed Jacob's MethodExpression feature to be called
"methodName", since that is what you need to pass to the server.

The methodName feature, and the new FacesEvent feature are implememnted
on a branch and I will be merging it with the trunk tomorrow.

Once that is done, I'll update the slide decks and documentation and
hopefully do a few screencasts.

Look for a detailed change-bundle tomorrow.

Ed