dev@jsf-extensions.java.net

Presented slides, some feedback

From: Ed Burns <ed.burns_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 12:08:02 -0700

Hello JSF Extenders,

I presented these slides inside Sun and received some feedback.

People at the meeting didn't like "new Faces.Event()" as kicking off an
event. They'd rather see a function. I agree. In Java and C++, when
you do "new" only allocation and initialization is done.

What do you think of keeping "new Faces.Event" but exposing a global
function that calls it?

Dan and Mark didn't like the request header approach. Would rather see
the data as query params or post data.

  * Unit testing

  * Introduces complexity

On the other hand Rajiv mentioned that if we don't want users seeing
these things, or messing with them, it's nice to have them as headers.