users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] Re: State of JPA 2.2

From: Oliver Gierke <ogierke_at_pivotal.io>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 12:05:01 +0200

Hi,

just for reference, let me clarify that various EG members have asked for the same thing for ~15 months now with little to to no response:

- June, 3rd 2015 (!) - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/jsr338-experts/archive/2015-06/message/0
- December, 3rd 2015 - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/jsr338-experts/archive/2015-12/message/0
- April, 29th 2016 - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/jsr338-experts/archive/2016-04/message/0

Same picture on the users list:

- September 7th, 2016 - https://java.net/projects/jpa-spec/lists/users/archive/2016-09/message/0

So I guess it's up to the specification lead (whoever that is these days) to lay out the plans. However, as it stands today, it's rather ridiculous to speak about "community" and asking it to participate in development if even the expert group is basically left in the dark.

Cheers,
Ollie