users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] Faces Flow Definition

From: <juneau001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:10:49 +0000 (UTC)

I have been following the JSF 2.2 specification closely, nice work. I
have a question regarding the final implementation of Faces Flow. It
seems that the flow definition may be added to the faces-config.xml
file, within the <flow-definition> elements as follows:

<flow-definition id="exampleFlow">
</flow-definition>

This works well under the current builds. However, as mentioned in
some previous articles and within the spec itself, the flow definition
can also reside within a file that is named
/WEB-INF/<flowName>-flow.xml OR /<flowName>/<flowName>-flow.xml, where
<flowName> is the name of the flow. When using this technique, does
the flow definition XML file still follow the following format under
the final release of the specification?
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
      xmlns:h="http://xmlns.jcp.org/jsf/html"
      xmlns:f="http://xmlns.jcp.org/jsf/core"
      xmlns:j="http://xmlns.jcp.org/jsf/flow">
    <f:metadata>
        <j:faces-flow-definition>
            <j:flow-return id="returnFromB">

        </j:faces-flow-definition>
    </f:metadata>

If so, I am unable to get my examples working when specifying a flow
definition within an XML file named after the flow, such as
exampleFlow2-flow.xml. Also, the latest builds of Netbeans 7.3 for EE
7 do not seem to recognize the http://xmlns.jcp.org/jsf/flow URI.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am trying to document the proper
usage of the faces flow feature and I want to ensure that I am not
incorrect.

Best