users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: new spec draft (Final Release candidate)

From: Scott Marlow <smarlow_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:53:24 -0400

Hi Linda,

In 7.9.2, we should change "container" to "provider":

"
When the JTA transaction rolls back, the provider must detach all
managed entities if the persistence context is of type
SynchronizationType.SYNCHRONIZED or has otherwise been joined to the
transaction. Note that the JTA transaction may rollback in a background
thread (e.g., as a result of transaction timeout), in which case the
*provider* should arrange for the managed entities to be detached from
the persistence context but not concurrently while the application is in
an EntityManager invocation.
"

Scott