users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] Re: Proposal for EntityGraphs, fetch plans, etc...

From: Gordon Yorke <gordon.yorke_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:21:14 -0400

  Hello Pinaki and others,

- detach(EntityGraph) is functionality we should introduce but the
semantics are more complicated than copy() and should be deferred
because of time constraints.
- the need derives from user requests. Users wish to create copies of a
graph of entities for many different reasons and currently they must
implement this functionality themselves.
  - I believe we are discussing copy() separately from the discussions
on EntityGraphs and copy() exists as its own functionality but copy() is
enabled through EntityGraphs so the features are related and hence
introduced at the same time.

--Gordon