jsr338-experts@jpa-spec.java.net

[jsr338-experts] Re: unsynchronized persistence contexts

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:12:14 -0700

On 9/8/2011 12:27 PM, Gordon Yorke wrote:
> Inline:
>
> On 9/8/2011 3:43 PM, Linda DeMichiel wrote:
>> At this point, I think the safest course of action here is the conservative
>> one, and not to proceed with changes to the inheritance rules, at least
>> until we get further feedback in this regard.
> Except the change that allows an EPC to be inherited by a Stateless Session Bean?

Yes, this is the case I'm struggling with. At this point, I'm
questioning whether we should do that (at least now), or whether it
would just be confusing, given that the "inheritance" would be for the
duration only a a method call. The main advantage I see for it over the
current spec + the proposal for propagation is that in the absence of
a tx, the resulting behavior is as if the PC is propagated.

And we need additional restrictions to
> prevent inheritance of PC with different transaction participation requirements.

Yes.