jsr338-experts@jpa-spec.java.net

[jsr338-experts] Re: Standardization of additional persistence.xml properties

From: Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel.bernard_at_jboss.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 19:39:46 +0200

Standardizing such an option makes sense, it's very useful esp. at development time. Which JPA provider here have such a feature? I'd bet most of us.

By the way the name is not right, it's not simply about table generation but involves other type of objects.
 - javax.persistence.database.schema_generation
 - javax.persistence.database.ddl_generation

MIGRATE (alternative name UPDATE): note that implementing that for all possible case is not practical and should not be considered a production feature in many products.