users@jmsjca.java.net

RE: how to specify multiple ConnectionURLs?

From: Frank Kieviet <fkieviet_at_iname.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:58:42 -0700

Hi Ted,

Sorry for my tardy reply. See responses inline.

Frank

[fkieviet] I suspect that you did not set the properties
JMSJCA.TopicCF=...
JMSJCA.QueueCF=...
JMSJCA.UnifiedCF=...
The values should point to the JNDI names of the connection factories, as
described here:
<https://jmsjca.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jmsjca/jmsjca/jndi/src
/userdoc/rajndi-readme.html>

> It seems that when I set java.naming.provider.url to jnp://localhost:1099
> in the Options field, the value is not used for the JNDI lookup.
>
> I'm actually trying to get the new resource adapter to work with only a
> single URL for now. I also tried setting the ConnectionURL to
> jnp://localhost:1099 like I did for JMSJCA but that didn't work either.
[fkieviet] Yes, that's expected: only the jboss:// url is recognized, not
the jnp:// url. See
<https://jmsjca.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jmsjca/jmsjca/unifiedj
ms/src/userdoc/raunifiedjms-readme.html> for a table of recognized prefixes.

> Also, I'm not sure it makese sense to me to set the ConnectionURL to
> jndi://, which of course is blank.
[fkieviet] That actually is correct: by specifying jndi:// as the URL, the
raunifiedjms will instantiate the rajndi connector which in turn will look
at the options field to do its work.

Feel free to give me a call if you think that would help: 626-471-6322. I'm
in the PDT timezone.