users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: Minutes of JMS 2.1 Meeting 2 on 12 Nov 2015

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:17:19 +0000

A couple of quick corrections to the minutes:

On 13/11/2015 19:48, Nigel Deakin wrote:

> 2. Flexible JMS MDBs: discussion of method annotations
>

> The callback annotation
> -----------------------

In addition to the other topics mentioned, we also discussed the possibility of using vendor-defined annotations to
configure non-standard features. These would be more readable, less vulnerable to typos, and would allow typed values,
which setting non-standard String properties set using @JMSListenerProperty(key="foo",value="bar") would not.

By definition, any use of non-standard properties is non-portable. If @JMSListenerProperty is used then the application
would still compile on a different app server but non-standard properties would be ignored. If vendor-defined
annotations were used then the application would not compile on a different app server.

It was agreed that although some vendors may wish to define annotations, by definition these would not be something the
spec could, or would want to, say anything about.

> 3. Flexible JMS MDBs: issues relating to multiple callback methods
>
> We spend much time on this.

We did *not* spend much time on this.

Nigel