users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: JMS Topics and historical data

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:16:16 +0100

Deniz,

On 30/06/2012 11:26, Deniz Oğuz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It should be very helpful if you implement something like 'historical
> data' feature of DDS(Data Distribution Service). In our scenario,
> multiple applications are subscribing to the same topic at different
> times. When my application is subscribed to a topic I need to receive
> messages send to that topic before my subscription. This is not
> required on all topics so it should be configurable.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestion. If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to create a subscriber on a topic and for
it to receive a message that was sent to the topic some time in the past. How old would a message need to be before the
message was no longer available in this way?

Could you please log this proposal in JIRA (http://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC) with as much information as possible
about what the feature would look like and why it would be useful? The more information the better.

Thanks,

Nigel