users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-36) Allow messages to be delivered asynchronously in batches

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:58:00 +0000

http://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-36

This feature was agreed in principle some time ago. I've now updated the javadocs and the draft spec (which took a
surprisingly long time).

The Javadocs are here:
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/sources/repository/content/jms2.0/target/jms-2.0-javadoc.jar?rev=26
(These javadoc also include the simplified API proposals circulated earlier. The main changes now are a new
BatchMessageListener interface and new methods on MessageConsumer and MessagingContext. I've also added new methods to
Session for use with the ConnectionConsumer API)

The draft spec is here:
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/sources/repository/content/jms2.0/specification/word/JMS20.pdf?rev=26
(all changes are highlighted clearly)

I'll be extending the javadocs and draft spec with other agreed changes over the next few days and weeks, and sending
round a notification each time I've completed a set of updates. Please let me know if you have any comments.

I think you need to be logged in to java.net to follow the above links, which are directly to the project svn repository.

Nigel