jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] JMS 2.0 Public Draft - release candidate 1 is now ready for review

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 20:59:50 +0000

In accordance with the Java EE schedule published several months ago, the time has come for us to checkpoint the work we
have done so far on JMS 2.0 and publish a public draft for formal review.

(The complete JMS 2.0 schedule is here:
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/Home#JMS_2.0_schedule )

I've also taken a copy of the latest draft specification and javadoc and uploaded them as "release candidate 1" to the
project downloads area at http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/downloads/directory/PublicDraftRC1.

You can also browse the API docs online at
http://jms-spec.java.net/2.0-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/index.html

I would like to submit these to the JCP admins before the holidays, so could you all please review the spec and API docs
and state whether or not you think this is fit to be published formally as the public draft? Please respond by Wednesday
19th December.

Of course I'd also welcome any comments or questions. If you see any errors or typos please let me know - I'll update
the draft as needed over the next week or so.

One weakness of the document in its current form is that the simplified API is still mostly confined to its own section
at the end rather than being integrated with the rest of the specification. I have deliberately avoided doing that so
far to make it easier for people to see what's changed. However I do plan to restructure the document (essentially
moving blocks of text around) before the final release.

Appendix B.5 lists the significant changes in the specification. The whole document also has change bars.

Please also take a look at the planning page at
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/JSR343Planning
This lists all the JIRA issues that have been incorporated into the public draft, and all those which have not. Those
which have not will mostly be rolled forward for consideration for JMS 2.1.

Nigel