jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-94) Define what characters are valid in a durable (or shared subscription) name

From: Nicholas Wright <nwright_at_c2b2.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:19:05 +0000

Sorry Nigel, to clarify yes I do see people using '.' in subscriber
names, for 2 main reasons:

- they sometimes like to use IPs or hostnames in the subscriber names
- they like to match subscriber names to destination names (which
typically include '.')

I'm not overly committed to this being in the spec, just thought it
might be nice.

Nick

Nicholas Wright
Senior Consultant
/C2B2 Consulting Ltd
/*The Leading Independent Middleware Experts*/
/W: www.c2b2.co.uk| T: (+44) 8450 539457| M: (+44) 7703 193351|
@c2b2consulting
C2B2 Consulting Limited, Unit 34, Malvern Hills Science Park, Geraldine
Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3SZ
Registered in England and Wales: 4563419, Registered Office: Ardendale,
Old Hollow, Malvern, Worcestershire