jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Updated JMS 2.0 spec schedule

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:42:30 +0000

Have you been wondering what has happened to the public draft?

The Java EE spec leads have published guidance on the schedule that all Oracle-led Java EE JSRs should follow they are
to be delivered into Java EE 7 in time for the Java EE 7 release.

Date Milestone
19 Dec 2012 Submission of Public Review Draft to the JCP
3 Jan 2013 Start of Public Review
4 Feb 2013 End of Public Review
18 Feb 2013 Completion of JCP Public Review Ballot
20 Feb 2013 Submission of Proposed Final Draft to the JCP
20 Mar 2013 Submission of Materials for Final Ballot to the JCP
26 Mar 2013 Start of Final Ballot
8 Apr 2013 Completion of Final Ballot
15 Apr 2013 Release of Spec, RI, TCK

This is also on our wiki at
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/Home#JMS_2.0_schedule

(The schedule published by the Java EE spec is at
http://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/pages/Home#Java_EE_7_Schedule )

This means that the public draft is in slightly over six weeks from now. As you have seen I've been trying to finish off
properly the features we've already started though there's still time to add a few some small features especially if
they complete or complement some other feature we've added.

Nigel