jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-65) Clarify use of NoLocal arg when using createDurableSubscriber

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:00:54 +0100

Clebert,

On 30/05/2012 18:38, Clebert Suconic wrote:

> I suggest this argument still an optional implementation. Since its dubious definition we simply don't implement that way.

> On all the JMS implementation I have seen here, A message produced by a producer on the same connection will be consumed
> by the subscription as long as the message was sent through the server's side.

I don't understand. What does "as long as the message was sent through the server's side" mean?

> I would be fine as long as you don't enforce this behaviour, since this will affect existing semantic implementations.

Before we go any further, can you explain in detail how the products you know interpret "noLocal" for durable
subscriptions? I give a number of use cases at http://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-65#action_339660 - what happens in
these three cases?

Thanks,

Nigel