jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-64) Define simplified JMS API

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:33:16 +0000

I refer to http://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-64

I've now updated the API, javadocs and the draft spec in accordance with the simplified API proposals made earlier. This
covers the new MessagingContext and SyncMessageConsumer interfaces and related changes.

It does NOT cover any use of injection or CDI - since that's taking longer to decide I think we will probably need to
defer that until after the early draft. I'll log a separate JIRA issue to cover this.

The updated Javadocs are here:
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/sources/repository/content/jms2.0/target/jms-2.0-javadoc.jar

See particularly the new interfaces javax.jms.MessagingContext, javax.jms.SyncMessageConsumer and the new factory
methods on javax.jms.Connection.createMessagigingContext

The updated draft spec is here:
http://java.net/projects/jms-spec/sources/repository/content/jms2.0/specification/word/JMS20.pdf

See particularly the new chapter 13 "Simplified JMS API" and the change log in section 11.5.16.

Note that these changes cover the simplified API only. They do not include any proposals for injection of JMS objects
(which will be handled in a separate JIRA issue).

This is just about the last change I am planning to make before the early draft. I'll make a few final tweaks to the
spec document and let you know when it's ready for a final review. (Earlier comments are also welcome).

Nigel