jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-45) Clarify and improve Connection.createSession

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:49:12 +0100

On 29/09/2011 11:43, Ruediger zu Dohna wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> On 29.09.2011 12:04, Nigel Deakin wrote:
>>> I'd prefer to put SESSION_TRANSACED first, so the enum ordinals match
>>> the constant values in Session.
>>
>> Yes, that would be consistent. But if we think *users* will ever to use
>> ordinal() then I think this whole idea is getting over-complicated.
>
> I don't see any reason for users to do so... if we deprecate the old constants and all methods that take numeric values,
> that is ;)

See my other email for an updated proposal.

So far I haven't proposed making createSession(transacted,ackMode) deprecated. I didn't think there was a strong enough
reason to force every single application that uses the JMS API to be changed to avoid an irritating compiler warning.
But this is certainly a possibility. More views welcome.

Nigel