jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: (JMS_SPEC-39) Make clientId optional when creating a durable subscription

From: Ruediger zu Dohna <ruediger.dohna_at_1und1.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:55:53 +0200

Clebert,

maybe I get the issue you raise wrong, but isn't it enough for JMS 2.0
to be backward compatible? I.e. all applications that use JMS 1.1 must
run in a 2.0 compatible container, but not all applications that run in
a 2.0 compatible container must also run in a 1.1 container?

So the clientId can be optional in 2.0 without breaking forward
compatibility.

Rüdiger