jsr343-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr343-experts] Re: JMS Support for DI

From: John D. Ament <john.d.ament_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:37:56 -0400

Nigel,

Thanks and I'll actually start everyone off:

1. Are we all comfortable with the fact that this will not be supported for
the deprecated interfaces? Part of the reason I listed this is that CDI has
some issues with non deterministic interfaces, where you have problems
injecting both an interface and an interface that extends that interface
(both are possible resolution points).

2. My assumption is that CDI 1.1 will support SE. Do we as an expert group
need to put any restrictions on behavior in SE environments? I have not
raised any restrictions, but there are obvious ones:

- What happens when there is no jndi.properties for InitialContext creation?
- What happens when you want to communicate with multiple providers (in a
bridge scenario)?

Regards,

John