users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Constructs to make Jersey ignore exceptions?

From: naresh <baliga_naresh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:46:30 -0700 (MST)

I'm using Spring's method based security on my Jersey application.

When Spring throws an AccessDeniedException, Jersey intercepts that
exception and maps it to whatever ExceptionMappers are in place.

Instead, if I could get Jersey to "pass" that exception along, then Spring
security's Exception filters will come into play and invoke the
AccessDeniedHandler. My access denied handler implementation sets headers
and text on the HttpServletResponse.

So, is there anyway I can get Jersey to ignore certain exceptions?

If I put an ExceptionMapper in place for Spring's AccessDeniedException, I
am forced to return a Response object and that ends the request cycle.