users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey 2.6 REST Service upgraded to Java 8 tomcat 8 excpetion:java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.validation.Configuration.getBootstrapConfiguration

From: ha <haimra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 07:38:46 +0200

I debugged two cases one that works and one that does not. When the service
works I noticed that ValidationBinder is injecting
org.hibernate.validator.internal.engine.ConfigurationImpl.class to
configuration field This implementation comes from the
bean-validation-2.2.0 jar and implements the getBootstrapConfiguration()
method When the service does not works I ValidationBinder is injecting
org.hibernate.validator.engine.ConfigurationImpl to configuration field
Which comes from the hibernate-validation-4.2.0 jar.

I tried to force the setting by binding the Configuration to
org.hibernate.validator.internal.engine.ConfigurationImpl.class
e.g.

public class JerseyConfig extends ResourceConfig {

    public JerseyConfig() {

register(new AbstractBinder() {
    @Override
    protected void configure() {
        bind(org.hibernate.validator.internal.engine.ConfigurationImpl.class).to(Configuration.class);
    }
});

}

but this did not resolved my issue.

--
Think Green - don't print this email unless you really need to