users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Instructions to upgrade current Glassfish 4.1 stable

From: Phillip Ross <phillip.w.g.ross_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:18:30 -0400

Hi Lenny,

In this case, there's no way to really know unless you test, but the
way that Payara maintains their fork is NOT by pulling in every commit
to the glassfish source code per se, but rather they "cherry pick" bug
fixes and such from the glassfish main branch and merge these into
their fork in a fairly structured manner. This keeps the payara
source a little more stable. They also maintain branches for each
maintenance release that they do... which are very stable.

If you can attach a simple war file to the glassfish jira issue along
with some steps to reproduce I'd be happy to take a little time to see
if it's reproducible on a payara build containing jersey 2.17.

Also, it looks like MarekP forwarded your mails about the problem over
to the glassfish list and RomainG has replied with some instructions
on updating jersey in glassfish 4.1.

- Phillip