users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Odd error

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 21:28:21 -0500

I'm in the process of porting an EE6 app (single war) that deploys in
GF3.1.2 and uses the associated JAX-RS/Jersey over to EE7 and Glassfish 4.1.
The latest challenge is that when I hit a particular JSP
I get the following error when GF tries to compile it. There are actually
many lines like the one about accessing the Response class related to
other JAX-RS
classes (e.g. QueryParam, Consumes, Produces etc.)

This JSP worked fine, as is, in GF 3.1.2. This looks like some sort of
issue with the environment jspc is being run in by GF 4.1 but I haven't
turned up any info in this area. The JSP itself is not using any of these
JAX-RS classes though I suspect they may be pulled into the dependency chain
at some depth by classes they do reference.

Insights appreciated, thanks,

-Noah

PWC6197: An error occurred at line: 146 in the jsp file: /main2.jsp
PWC6199: Generated servlet error:
cannot access javax.ws.rs.core.Response
  class file for javax.ws.rs.core.Response not found

        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(
DefaultErrorHandler.java:129)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(
ErrorDispatcher.java:299)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:392)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:453)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:
625)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
JspServletWrapper.java:375)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:473)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:377)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:1682)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(
StandardWrapperValve.java:318)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(
StandardContextValve.java:160)
        at