users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Is this project dead?

From: Jack Lista <jackalista_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 13:23:41 -0800

Agreed, Joe, and the progress on bug fixes and feature support is also
causing concern, both here and elsewhere. It's very likely we will abandon
Jersey for Spring because of exactly this apparent lack of commitment and
clarify. A framework like this is too strategic to take a lot of risks
with it, and comments elsewhere have indicated that oracle may be dialling
back their support for open source like Jersey. We simply can't risk that
something so fundamental to our success may be poorly supported. Honestly,
it looks like it's already being poorly supported, which is kind of sad,
but I tend to agree with cowwoc, the number of resolved defects and related
stats are not encouraging.

-=j=-