users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] list query params

From: Robert DiFalco <robert.difalco_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 14:40:56 -0800

It seems like Jersey supports list query params like this:

    ?id=1&id=2&id=3

But not like this:

    ?id=1,2,3

Is that true or should I be using something other than:

    @QueryParam("id") List ids

According to the table on page 6 of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-04 it seems like I
should be able to interpret the form of "?id=1,2,3".

Btw, this all came about because I wanted to remove multiple entities in a
DELETE command and became aware that (for example) android does not allow
sending the ids to delete in the body of DELETE. I can always require the
form of "?id=1&id=2&id=3", Jersey seems to handle this well, but it seems
verbose.

If you have ideas other than this on bulk DELETE I'd love to hear that too.

R.