users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Is this project dead?

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 08:23:08 +0100

You misunderstood me. Open source contributors heavily make their commitment to projects dependent on project activity. The github page says there was only very few activity in the last month. Hence people think the project is more or less “dead” – which does not reflect the real situation. Hence, there should be some kind of frequent news etc. so people can see what the project team is working on currently. For example, we could simply publish information like “Currently we’re forming the Expert Group and after that we’ll provide first drafts of JAX-RS 2.1 features”. I think that this would be sufficient to prevent people from thinking that Oracle lost interest in JAX-RS as it was accused by Gili.

Regards
-Markus