users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Is this project dead?

From: cowwoc <cowwoc_at_bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:13:29 -0500

> Good question. While I would understand that Oracle concentrates on JAX-RS 2.1 features (hence does not invest much into JAX-RS 2.0), I actually am baffled why no decision is made about the pull requests.
>
> Markus
> (EG JSR 370)

It looks like a similar story in JAX-RS 2.1 (no activity) so I doubt
that's where they went. Besides which, JAX-RS 2.1 isn't about new
features. It's about minor bugfixes. Certainly nothing that would take
them away for more than a month.

I echo Kevin's sentiment. Paul did a phenomenal job. The project has
gone substantially downhill since then.

I wish someone had the resources and interest in forking this project to
bring it back to life. It looks like Oracle has killed yet another project.

Gili