users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: metainf-services duplicate classes

From: Eugen Cepoi <cepoi.eugen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 00:31:51 +0200

Hi Marek,

All classes from /org/glassfish/jersey/message/internal/ are duplicated, I
don't know if the code inside has some changes (and in fact it is part of
my question), basically we can find them in both jersey-common and
jersey-metainf-services.

I just double checked by downloading manually the jars from
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.glassfish.jersey.ext/jersey-metainf-services/2.12
and
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.glassfish.jersey.core/jersey-common/2.12
and confirm it.

Concerning my other question (pluging in components that are detected with
no action from the user) I found the interface AutoDiscoverable. So it
looks like the service loader mechanism still works (by default) for this
one, is it the preferred way to register components?

Thanks,
Eugen