users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Oracle ending commercial support of Glassfish

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:02:21 +0200

Hi Gili

As I see it , it only effects people who already have commercial support
for Glassfish 3.x and plan to move to Glassfish 4.x and bring along the
support.
It does not effect anyone who continues with a Glassfish 3.x support
agreement.

So if you don't plan on official supported commercial version on Glassfish
4.x, it will not effect you or the development of Glassfish and related
projects.
You can still run Glassfish in prod.
Indeed it may actually help the development of Glassfish and related
projects.

Some more info here :
https://blogs.oracle.com/brunoborges/entry/6_facts_about_glassfish_announcement

regards