users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Digest for list users_at_jersey.java.net

From: Simon Roberts <simon_at_dancingcloudphotography.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 08:38:56 -0700

What "performance" are you trying to measure? Response time, response time
under maximal load, degradation behavior in overload, throughput,
scalability? They're all almost totally independent of one another, and a
server that's good in one scenario might not be so good in others. Further,
the answers will likely change when you add your own code, which might
interact well with one server and one measure, but poorly with another
combination. Heck, the comparison on one host OS might be totally different
on another. You should really just write your real code, then deploy it
twice in test scenarios that closely match the real systems you expect to
use (that goodness for cloud systems, that kind of testing was very
expensive to set up before).

Sorry, not terribly helpful. All that said, I imagine someone will offer
some nuggets of experience.

--
Simon Roberts
Certified Professional Photographer