users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey Domain structure

From: Chase <chase_at_osdev.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 13:23:24 -0500

Usually the example in localhost:8080/example/xyz is based on the name
of the war/application that is deployed. You are trying to set a
single war at the root context. You probably only want to do this if
you will only ever have a single application deployed to your server.
The most common way to eliminate this is to add a vendor deployment
descriptor to your war. For example if I am deploying to WebLogic I
can have a weblogic.xml file with a <context-root> element. Look for
instruction on how to set the context root for whatever application
server you are using.