users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] large file upload - access File jersey already cached it to?

From: <terri.liebowitz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 23:05:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I apologize if I'm double posting. I'm confused about whether
users_at_jersey.java.net is the same mailing list as
users_at_jersey.dev.java.net (which has a nabble archive). If they aren't
the same, which one should I be using?

Anyhow, my real questions, are these: I'm new to jersey, using
release 1.16, and want to use FormDataMultiPart to upload large files
and associated data. My understanding is that jersey will cache the
file data on disk and give me an InputStream to read from. I'm going
to have to write those streams to tmp files in order to process the
files with some command line tools before I read them in again and
write them to their final destinations in our database. If jersey
already has the data on disk, I'd like to skip the extra copy and just
get the File instead of an InputStream. Is that possible?

A second question I have is: I assume jersey takes responsibility for
closing the InputStream, but would like to verify that.

Thanks for your help,
Terri