users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Using Jackson 2.1 JSON provider: No root resource classes

From: Marko Asplund <marko.asplund_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:22:28 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to use Jackson 2.1 as the JSON provider for Jersey 1.17 but
get this error when making a request to the resource:

INFO: Instantiated the Application class com.foo.bar.MyApplication
Mar 21, 2013 10:57:00 AM
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.RootResourceUriRules <init>
SEVERE: The ResourceConfig instance does not contain any root resource classes.

Is Jackson 2.1 known to be compatible with and work with Jersey 1.17?

I've applied instructions found from:
http://wiki.fasterxml.com/JacksonFAQ#JAX-RS

And created my custom Application class and configured that in web.xml
like this:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>javax.ws.rs.Application</param-name>
      <param-value>com.foo.bar.MyApplication</param-value>
    </init-param>

I've also tried setting com.sun.jersey.config.property.packages init param.

Is there something else that needs to be done in order to configure a
custom JSON provider?

marko