users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Jersey 2.0 and Viewable (more especially JSP forwarding)

From: Nicolas Ternisien <nicolas.ternisien_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:15:54 +0100

Hi all,

Reading the documentation and browsing the source code of Jersey 2.0, I am
a bit concerned about not seeing anymore any references to the very handy
class Viewable, and its capability to forward a given request to the JSP
engine (or any template engine).

Does this system still exist in Jersey 2.0, or at least, does it give
enough space to reimplement it on user space (by copy/pasting the
JSPTemplateProcessor and similar from Jersey 1.x source code)?

I guess it is not officially here because the MVC feature was removed from
the official JSR JAX-RS 2.0, but hopefully Jersey dev team still thinks it
is a great feature that deserves being part of the hidden tip and tricks of
Jersey ;)

Thanks, and keep up for the good work!

Nicolas Ternisien