users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] java jersey OPTIONS command gives me Glassfish error message "Couldn't find JAX-B element for javax.ws.rs.core.Response"

From: Fiona Sisk <fionasisk_at_yahoo.ie>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:57:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I asked this on stack overflow but I didn't get a response. I hope I've better luck here!

If I do a
curl -X OPTIONS "http:....." against a RESTful service implemented by
Jersey on Glassfish-3.1.2, it all works perfectly and I get back my
WADL.

I can also do the above programmatically and I get 200 OK response, WADL message in Message
buffer, all as expected.
The only fly in the ointment is that the Glassfish has an error message in the server.log
|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|com.sun.jersey.server.wadl.generators.WadlGeneratorJAXBGrammarGenerator|_ThreadID=25;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Couldn't find JAX-B element for class javax.ws.rs.core.Response|#
Now the RESTful service does have an GET that does return a javax.ws.rs.core.Response. Also, in this response is a JAX-B annotated bean.
However, since I'm not actually invoking the GET, why would this matter to the operation
of the curl -X "OPTIONS". Is this a harmless error message. Can I get rid of it ?

thanks in advance,

Fiona