users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Jersey 2.0-m08: troubleshooting and dependencies

From: Jan Algermissen <algermissen1971_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:54:30 +0200

On Oct 12, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Marek Potociar wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2012, at 6:04 AM, Arul Dhesiaseelan <aruld_at_acm.org> wrote:
>
>> I am able to suck in the 2.0-SNAPSHOT dependencies just fine with your maven coordinates. You don't need to include javax.ws.rs dependency in your POM as this is a transitive dependency of jersey modules.
>
> You're right, the JAX-RS API dependencies should transitively resolve via Jersey dependencies.

Makes sense, yes.

However - I still have no luck. There must be some class shadowing another or whatever.

I am pulling in

javaee-web-api 6.0

jersey-client 2.0-SNAPSHOT
jersey-common 2.0-SNAPSHOT
jersey-server 2.0-SNAPSHOT

And the compiler still sees a version of javax.ws.rs.core.Response
that does not exhibit some methods that IMHO should be there, e.g.

getEntity(java.lang.Class)
getCookies()

Any ideas how to fix that or where to start?

Jan

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>javax</groupId>
            <artifactId>javaee-web-api</artifactId>
            <version>6.0</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

<dependency>
 <groupId>org.glassfish.jersey.core</groupId>
 <artifactId>jersey-client</artifactId>
 <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
 <groupId>org.glassfish.jersey.core</groupId>
 <artifactId>jersey-common</artifactId>
 <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
 <groupId>org.glassfish.jersey.core</groupId>
 <artifactId>jersey-server</artifactId>