users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] MessageBodyReader readFrom stream handling

From: Mike Summers <msummers57_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:50:32 -0500

For MessageBodyReader
readerFrom<http://jersey.java.net/nonav/apidocs/latest/jersey/javax/ws/rs/ext/MessageBodyReader.html#readFrom(java.lang.Class,
java.lang.reflect.Type, java.lang.annotation.Annotation[],
javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType, javax.ws.rs.core.MultivaluedMap,
java.io.InputStream)>, what does the doc mean when it says "The caller is
responsible for ensuring that the input stream ends when the entity has
been consumed."? That the implementation ensures the mark is at the end of
the stream?

We're running into odd problems under load and/or after being up for long
periods and I'm thinking we have a stream handling problem.

Thanks.