users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Bachelor Thesis on a RESTful API for a Groupware/OpenSocial

From: Thomas Koch <thomas_at_koch.ro>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:25:00 +0200

Hi,

please allow me to bring to your attention my just finished bachelor thesis on
the subject of the design of a restful API to be useful for a Groupware or the
person related informations of OpenSocial.

I'd appreciate any feedback. The text will be available under a free license
after I received the mark for it.

Points that might be of special interest for (some of) you:

 - a modernized design of CalAtom/CardAtom[1] without the need for a new
   "feature" property
 - efficient synchronization of collections with restful HTTP
 - properties of vCard useful (or missing) for OpenSocial
 - use of OpenSearch for reports
 - use of nice small value objects replacing some functionality of Jersey
   (Java REST framework)
 - a "resource facade" framework to support multiple "views" or media types of
    the same data
 - a minimal implementation of an atom pub server on top of Jersey

[1] http://robubu.com/?cat=2

http://github.com/thkoch2001/bachelor-
thesis/blob/master/latex/restful_groupware.pdf

Please be forgiving with the quality of my writing. It's a thesis written
under time pressure and other constraints and I'm not a writer.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro