users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Jersey Website

From: <juchems_mark_e_at_cat.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:22:37 +0000 (GMT)

I just posted a question, but I have a comment on the Jersey
Websites...

We at Cat are looking into using Jersey as our preferred REST tool.
However, there are several issues that I have with it and most of it is
not code...

The main one is the website. I have looked several times for a version
list (just found it but I am using v10 and can't find what they added
since v13. Jira still works) and changes in each version. I cannot
find it. As I have been looking, I have noticed that several of the
links on the home page do not work. Well, it is really more than
several. The links that do work are incredibly slow. It seems that
lots of work is being done on the code (seems lots of bugs are getting
fixed and such) but is anyone looking after the website? When compared
to some other projects, I would give it a D-. The single page
documentation is pretty good. That is the only tool I have found that
has any value.

I just posted a question before this. I did a search in the mail
archives and it just flat out didn't work at all. What is up? Is this
going to get any better? (is there a roadmap?)

Sorry for the rant, but I like Jersey. It works great! But it is
going nowhere without some easy to find docs. We are going to be
comparing this to other JSR311 tools and this will not help jersey...

PS. This the second time I tried to post this. It failed the first
time...