users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Licensing question

From: Glen Mazza <gmazza_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:15:24 -0400

IANAL either, but if I recall correctly, the GlassFish/Jersey license
headers give you a choice of using either CDDL or GPL, and the former is
not synonymous with the Apache License (apparently if you make any
modifications to a CDDL project those modifications need to be shared:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/evanx/archive/2006/05/cddling_up_with.html,
but if no modifications, nothing you need to share.)

Apache CXF's REST implementation is Apache-licensed, of course, and
might provide you the additional freedom you're looking for.

The above is just my reading of the situation, I'd recommend googling
for this information to get more accurate answers.

Glen

--
Glen Mazza
blog: www.jroller.com/gmazza