users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: How to inject arbitrary objects by _at_Context

From: Sven Strittmatter <weltraumschaf_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:27:24 +0100

Hi Pavel,

after days of searching the web for useful information I've found some
hints about ServletContextListener. Now I implemented this interface and
provide my Neo4J DB instance as context property. But IMHO that's a bit
ugly because I've to downcast from Object.

I'll look into your links.

My problem is that I'm a Java novice and it's quite hard to get all the
things combined the right way, because the most examples I found in the
web are way too simple or use a whole bunch of other framework stuff
which need to be set up first. If someone knows a good and comprehensive
resource to read about "normal scaled" Java webapp, please tell me. With
"normal scaled" I mean: More than only one HelloWorld.jsp, Servelt, Bean
or Entity. Something more real world like.

Thanks in advance
-Sven