users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Re: Explicitly declare the root resource and provider classes - not working for provider class

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:36:47 -0500

On 02/28/2012 01:22 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> On 02/28/2012 01:04 PM, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>> BTW, when I set breakpoints inside my getClasses() and
>> getSingletons() methods of my "class HubSubscriber extends
>> javax.ws.rs.core.Application" I find they are never called!
>
> Did you remember to wire your Application subclass in like here:
> http://java.net/projects/jersey/sources/svn/content/tags/jersey-1.11/jersey/samples/jacksonjsonprovider/src/main/java/com/sun/jersey/samples/jacksonjsonprovider/Main.java?rev=5665
> (lines 72-75)? Also, I'd try a System.out.println() in those two
> methods to confirm they're not being called -- it could be the
> debugger is wrong for some reason.

I did not do that! So that explains why the getClasses() and
getSingletons() methods are not being called.

Now here is my problem. I am using the following method
<http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/com.sun.jersey/jersey-grizzly2/1.10/com/sun/jersey/api/container/grizzly2/GrizzlyServerFactory.java#GrizzlyServerFactory.createHttpServer%28java.net.URI%2Ccom.sun.jersey.api.container.grizzly2.HttpHandler%2Cboolean%29>
to create my HttpServer. I need to specify an HttpHandler. So how do I
pass it a ResourceConfig instance? I think there is a way to create an
HttpHandler with a specified ResourceConfig but I do not know how to do
that. Any advice?

Thanks again for your kind help.

--
Regards,